Saturday, January 16, 2010

Appalachian Trail


 

Untold people have passed

this way, along

this well worn path.

Others eyes have seen

this and that.

Others have done

what I too

have done.

Some left

their mark, some a clue

only. Many more

like ghosts gone

by; casting only shadow.

Yet each has lent

their feet

to the treading

down the untamed

dirt and went on

before me

where surely I too

must one day go;

Leaving behind

only the lasting

impressions I made

on this earth.


 

1 comment:

  1. AT has been calling me.
    A rumbling from deep within
    drawing my thoughts and heart.
    Promising much but
    revealing nothing prematurely..
    We're waiting for each other,
    until I'm swimming in its crowded solace.
    Alone together with time to discover
    what it is we have to share.
    Exchanging our essences
    with a communion of love.

    ReplyDelete